- Waveney Cottages is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website or by any of the above mentioned communications then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. Waveney Cottages may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. If this happens, we will send you an email asking you to consent to the new terms to continue your subscription. This policy is effective from 5th May 2021.
- When this policy mentions “we,” “us,” or “our,” it refers to Waveney Cottages. The data controllers for Waveney Cottages are Sarah Pattison and Stuart Oetzmann who may be contacted by email at email@example.com
Information we collect
- In general, you may visit the website, Facebook page or Instagram page without telling us who you are or revealing any personally identifiable information about yourself. Our servers collect the domain names, operating system in use (e.g., Macintosh, Windows) and browser (e.g., Netscape, Internet Explorer). This information is aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the website and social media pages ie. pages viewed, etc. Waveney Cottages uses this information to measure the use of our website and social media pages to improve the content of both.
- Personally identifiable information such as first and last name, telephone number, email addresses and other information are known only when voluntarily provided by a visitor for registration, booking requests or other participation of visitors in any available online interactive activities.
Information we collect from third parties
Use of your information.
- We may use the personal information you provide for any of the following purposes:
▪ to fulfil a booking request;
▪ to provide customer service;
▪ to understand the use of our website and make improvements;
▪ respond to specific requests from visitors;
▪ protect the security or integrity of our webite when necessary;
▪ send you notices and solicitations regarding the website and our businesses;
▪ to promote and market products to you. These solicitations may take the form of mailings or other couriers, telephone calls, e-mail solicitations and other methods of contact. We will only send these to you if you have agreed to receive them. At any time if you do not want to receive these solicitations from us using your personally identifiable information, please notify us.
▪ profiling and automated decision making – We use data collected to improve our relevance to you. For example we collect data through interaction with our website (such as what content you view, what kind of properties you search for) as well as information about how you came to our site in the first plan (for example, what advert did you click on) and activity within our emails (what emails you open and when, what content you click on) and we use this to send you emails you are interested in, or show you content, or property deals that more closely fit what you look at. This kind of activity does not have legal or otherwise significant effect on you.
- At times, we may conduct online surveys to better understand the needs and profiles of our visitors. When we conduct a survey, we will try to let you know how we will use the information at the time we collect the information from you on the internet.
- To unsubscribe from our marketing email list, simply click on the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email from us or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclosure of your information
information that may be collected in connection with visitors to our website or
over the telephone is retained by Waveney Cottages. Waveney Cottages do
not sell, transfer or otherwise disclose this personally identifiable information
outside this company, except where disclosure is required to facilitate our
business or by law.
- You may exercise any of the rights described in this section with Waveney Cottages by sending an email to email@example.com. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before taking further action on your request.
Correction of inaccurate or incomplete information
- You have the right to ask us to correct inaccurate or incomplete personal information concerning you.
Data access and portability
- You are entitled you to request copies of your personal information held by us.
Data retention and erasure
- Waveney Cottages takes data security seriously, and we use appropriate technologies and procedures to protect personal information. We generally retain your personal information only for as long as is necessary for the performance of providing our service to you as a customer. We retain this information on computers owned by Waveney Cottages. The computers are password protected. We may also retain information on paper records; these are held within the secured offices at the Waveney Cottages office.
- You can request that we erase your personal information. Please note that if you request the erasure of your personal information:
▪ We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
▪ Because we maintain the Waveney Cottages website and database to protect from accidental or malicious loss and destruction, residual copies of your personal information may not be removed from our backup systems for a limited period of time.
Withdrawing consent and restriction of processing
- Where you have provided your consent to the processing of your personal information by Waveney Cottages you may withdraw your consent at any time by unsubscribing via the unsubscribe links in emails or by sending a communication to Waveney Cottages specifying which consent you are withdrawing. Please note that the withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of any processing activities based on such consent before its withdrawal.
Objection to processing
- If you object to Waveney Cottages processing your personal information you may request Waveney Cottages not to process this information and withdraw your consent at any time by unsubscribing via the unsubscribe links in emails or by sending a communication to Waveney Cottages specifying which consent you are withdrawing. Please note that the withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of any processing activities based on such consent before its withdrawal.
- This site contains links to other sites of third parties. Our booking system is linked to www.supercontrol.co.uk. Our payment system is linked to www.holidayrentpayment.co.uk. Our website is hosted by www.boostly.co.uk We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of those other sites.